Sharing Rules via Shared List
At some point, you would want to share the rules you would have created with your colleagues and other developers. You can instantly share rules and collaborate with others. Let's see how its done!
This is one of the most used features in Requestly and a nice way to share rules with fellow developers. Here are the steps to follow:
- 1.Select the rules you wish to share
2. Next Click the Share Button on the toolbar which appears after the rules to be shared have been selected
3. At this point if you aren't Logged into your account, you will be prompted to Log In.
4. If Logged in, then your shared list will be created successfully and this dialog will appear with some pre-defined details like your shared list name and public URL.
5. Now if you wish to rename your shared list then you can do so by simply clicking on the edit icon next to your shared list name. Once edited, simply press enter to save the changes and update the URL accordingly.
6. From here on you can either copy the link and share with your colleagues and friends (or) you can enter emails separated by a comma (,) and they will be notified from our end.
7. You can manage your Shared List from Shared List option on the top nav bar.
Click on the 👁️ icon to preview the rule.
Click on Import to My Rules button to import the rules on your dashboard.
No. Once rules are shared, they can not be modified. However, a user can import the rules in Shared List, Modify them and create a new shared list.
When Rules are shared, you get a Public Url. Any Requestly user having the Url can view the Shared List. It’s upto you to maintain the privacy of the generated url.
A user is allowed 10 Shared Lists at the moment. We will increase the limit depending upon usage and infrastructure needs.
All the rules present in shared list will override rules which were shared. All other rules will remain unaffected.